CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's volleyball team dropped a hard fought, five-set match to Saint Mary of the Woods College, Saturday.
The Pomeroys defeated the Scarlet Hawks in five sets by the scores of 14-25, 25-19, 18-25, 25-16, 16-14, at the Keating Sports Center.
How it Happened
- Illinois Tech won the first set 25-14 after a kill by Allison Wilkins and after hitting a .194.
- Saint Mary of Woods tied the match at 1 after taking the second set 25-19 and hitting a .382.
- The Scarlet Hawks bounced back and hit a .333 in the third set to go ahead 2-1.
- The Pomeroys tied the match after winning the fourth set 25-16.
- SMWC took the fifth set, 16-14, after rallying for the last three points to win the match.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Taylor Burton led the Scarlet Hawks with 13 kills.
- Sinjin Acuna led Illinois Tech on defense with 26 digs.
- Justine Bracco also picked up eight kills in the loss.
- Senior Alyssa Miner recorded six kills and six digs.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Wednesday, October 24 as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Benedictine (Ill.) starting at 7:00 p.m.