RIVER FOREST, Ill. -- The Illinois Tech men's basketball saw their six game winning streak come to an end on the road as the Scarlet Hawks were defeated by Concordia (Chicago), 61-57, Saturday.
The Scarlet Hawks (9-6, 6-4 NACC) were held to 35.1% shooting (20-57) as the Cougars (4-10, 4-7 NACC) shot 40.4% (21-52).
How It Happened
- After Illinois Tech led 21-10 at the 11:48 mark in the first half, Concordia started to make a run.
- The Hawks were ahead 25-15 with 6:50 left but the Cougars went on a 20-9 run to go ahead 35-34 at the halftime break.
- The second half started off slow with Illinois Tech scoring the next four points to go ahead 38-35 with 15:09 left in the game.
- Otis Reale tied the game at 45-all with a huge three-pointer at the 9:03 mark in the game.
- Anthony Mosley gave Illinois Tech their biggest lead of the second half, 52-47, with 4:57 in the game after hitting a layup
- Concordia (Chicago) went on a run to regain the lead before both teams traded baskets and hit the game-winning basket with 12 seconds to go.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Max Hisatake led the Scarlet Hawks with a double-double, scoring 11 points and grabbing 11 rebounds.
- Jake Digiorgio also added a double-double for Illinois Tech, adding 10 points and pulling down 12 rebounds.
- Illinois Tech looks to get back to winning ways as the Scarlet Hawks host Milwaukee School of Engineering starting at 7:00 p.m. at the Keating Sports Center.