Feb 07, 2019
CHICAGO, Ill. -- The Illinois Tech men's basketball team rebounded from their last defeat and picked up a victory against Edgewood, 69-55, at the Keating Sports Center, Wednesday.
How It Happened
- Illinois Tech had five players reach double figures including one off the bench.
- The Scarlet Hawks led 34-25 at the half but Illinois Tech jumped out to a 29-12 lead early before the Eagles ended the half on a 13-5 run.
- Edgewood looked to make a run in the second half but the Scarlet Hawks expanded on their lead to 49-30 with 14:42 in the game.
- The Eagles tried to come back as they cut it to 63-55 however Illinois Tech held them off and won 69-55.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Four starters reached double digits in scoring on the night, led by Cavin Schmitz, who scored 14 points including 4-6 from deep.
- Max Hisatake recorded a double-double, adding 12 points, pulling down 16 rebounds, six assists and three blocked shots.
- Jake Digiorgio also had a double-double, with 12 points and 11 rebounds with two blocks.
- Otis Reale pitched in 13 points.
- Milos Dugalic scored 12 points off the bench to round out the scoring.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Saturday, February 7 as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Aurora, Ill. to take on the Spartans starting at 4:15 p.m. CT.