Feb 09, 2019
AURORA, Ill. - The Illinois Tech men's basketball team had halftime lead slip away as the Aurora Spartans defeated the Scarlet Hawks, 70-67, Saturday.
How It Happened
- Illinois Tech led 42-31 at the halftime break after both teams were tied at 11-all at the 15:29 mark in the first half.
- The Scarlet Hawks led by as many as 16 in the first half.
- Aurora cut it to 2 (54-52) with 10:48 left in the game.
- The Spartans tied it at 57 at the 8:13 remaining then both teams traded baskets the next few minutes.
- Illinois Tech had a 66-65 lead with 2:24 to go in the game.
- Aurora held the Scarlet Hawks to one point and scored five to pick up the 70-67 victory.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Max Hisatake recorded a double-double, scoring 12 points, grabbing 13 rebounds and blocking six shots.
- Otis Reale led the Scarlet Hawks in scoring with 23 points.
- Parker Joncus added 11 points and pulled down six rebounds.
- Ahmad Muhammad scored 11 points off the bench.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Tuesday, February 12 as the Scarlet Hawks host Concordia Wisconsin starting at 7:00 p.m. CT.