ELMHURST, Ill. - The Illinois Tech men's soccer team played a Sunday afternoon match at Elmhurst College. The Scarlet Hawks had a seven-match winning streak snapped, falling 2-1 to the Blue Jays.
How it Happened
- The Bluejays jumped ahead early. Zach Clements scored for the hosts on a rebound shot from JD Garnett in the sixth minute to take a 1-0 lead.
- In the 22nd minute, Clements struck again, scoring courtsey of teammated Oliver Salie and Garnett.
- The Scarlet Hawks would get some offense going in the second half, scoring off of one of Tech's three corner kicks. Norikazu Honda gave a great pass to Peter Fouchet, who scored to cut the lead in half.
- Elmhurst, however, used a 5-3 shot advantage in the second half to limit any further Scarlet Hawk chances.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Fouchet scored on his only shot attempt.
- Honda had an assist and a shot.
- Oluwaseun Ogunsanya had a team-high two shots (one on net).
Stats to Know
- The Scarlet Hawks were outshot for the first time this season, trailing 13-7 in the category.
- Illinois Tech is now 9-4-1 on the season, while Elmhurst improved to 7-5-2.
- Each goalkeeper did not get much action. Elmhurst tallied three saves compared to one for the Scarlet Hawks.
- Tech is in action on Wednesday at the Moody Bible Institute for the first of two matchups in the Chicago Cup Series. The match is set to begin at 3:00 p.m.