JACKSONVILLE, Ill. - The Illinois Tech men's soccer team continued its winning streak on Friday with a 2-0 win over MacMurray College on the road on Sunday. The victory was Tech's third straight, all of which have been shuouts. Illinois Tech moved to 4-1 on the season as MacMurray dropped to 1-6.
How it Happened
- It did not take long for the Scarlet Hawks to get on the board, as Luke Holzman scored just 17 seconds in.
- The Scarlet Hawks would pepper MacMurray goalkeeper Brantley Estes with shots throughout the first half, but Estes kept the match close. The netminder made six saves as Illinois Tech took a 1-0 lead into the half.
- In the second half, Quentin Dreilich was able to score and break a streak of six consecutive saves, moving the score to 2-0.
- The Scarlet Hawk defense kept MacMurray relatively quiet the rest of the way.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Holzman and Dreilich scored both unassisted goals.
- Anastasios Manolis made three saves in his third win of the season. He has not allowed a goal in his three starts.
Stats to Know
- The Scarlet Hawks outshot MacMurray 14-3.
- All of MacMurray's shots were on net. Nine of 14 Scarlet Hawk shots were on goal.
- Tech's 4-1 start is the team's best since the 2014 season when the team went 4-0-1 in its first five contests.
- Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) play kicks off on Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. as Aurora University visits Stuart Field. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.