LISLE, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's soccer were unable to get on the scoreboard as the Scarlet Hawks dropped a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference match to Benedictine (Ill.), 3-0, at the Benedictine University Sports Complex Wednesday evening.
Benedictine outshot Illinois Tech, 16-8, while the Eagles had seven shots on goal and the Scarlet Hawks had 6.
How It Happened
- Benedictine got on the scoreboard in the 22nd minute as Aldrerion Smith was found after a corner kick.
- The Eagles found the back of the net in the 85th minute as Hayden Van Son to go ahead 2-0.
- A minute later, Erik Stammer added a goal of his own to make 3-0 as that score would stand to end the match.
- Illinois Tech had six shots on goal with Benedictine goalkeeper Shawn Chervets recording six saves.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Despite the loss in goal; goalkeeper Anastasios Manolis recorded seven huge saves.
- Junior Peter Fouchet recorded two shots and they were both on goal.
- Junior Oluwaseun Ogunsanya also had two shots, both on goal.
- Freshmen Connor Shaw and Matt Gombar each had a shot on goal.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Saturday, September 29 as the Scarlet Hawks host Wisconsin-Lutheran at Stuart Field starting at 3:30 p.m.