CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech men's soccer team hosted North Central College on Sunday in a non-conference match. With Tech leading 1-0 early, North Central (6-3, 1-1 CCIW) stormed back to tie the game in regulation and win in overtime over the Scarlet Hawks (4-6, 0-4 NACC).
How it Happened
- After a quiet first half for both sides, Manuel Lopez scored his first collegiate goal after a scrum in front of the net in the 39th minute. The assist came courtsey of Ryan Fagan.
- A big story in the game was the cards, as a total of nine were handed out for the match, including seven down the stretch of the second half.
- With just 1:17 left to play, Alexis Flores scored on a penalty kick to tie the score.
- Flores was not done, as courtsey of a double assist with Gavin Sanchez and Jared Collier, he scored just 43 seconds into overtime to end the contest.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Lopez scored Tech's lone goal. Fagan provided the assist.
- Tech's goalkeeper provided 16 saves. Anastasios Manolis stopped six in the first half, while Alex Kern 10 saves in the second half and overtime.
Stats to Know
- The Cardinals outshot the Scarlet Hawks 31-10.
- Tech committed 18 fouls compared to NCC's eight.
- Illinois Tech will resume conference play against the Cougars of Concordia University Chicago on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. at Stuart Field. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.