CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech Men's Soccer Team won their first Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference match of the season as the Scarlet Hawks blanked Concordia (Chicago), 2-0, at Stuart Field Wednesday. The victory snapped a five-game losing streak for the Scarlet Hawks.
Illinois Tech outshot the Cougars, 11-4.
How It Happened
- The Scarlet Hawks played stellar, hard-nosed defense all match, allowing only four shots and one being on goal.
- Illinois Tech was able to get the first answer, as Peter Fouchet found Connor Shaw near top of the box as Shaw found the back of the net to give the Scarlet Hawks the 1-0 lead.
- Alex Kern played the first half, without allowing a goal and recorded one save.
- Anastasios Manolis played in the second half, did not record a save but did not allow a goal.
- As time was winding down in the match, Illinois Tech took advantage of Concordia pulling their goalie closer for another attacker but Santiago Bartolome was found by Oluwaseun Ogunsanya in the 88th minute as Bartolome sent one home to put the Scarlet Hawks up 2-0.
- The score held up at 2-0 for the rest of the match and it was the final score.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Anthony Olmos recorded two shots as one was on goal.
- Santiago Bartolome had two shot attempts both on goal and one was able to find the back of the net.
- Connor Shaw recorded his second goal of the season on his only shot of the night.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Saturday, October 6 as the Scarlet Hawks head north to Rockford University to take on the Regents. Match time is scheduled for 3:30 p.m.