CHICAGO, Ill. -- The Illinois Tech men's soccer team picked up a non-conference victory against Maranatha Baptist (2-9), 3-0, at Stuart Field on Monday.
The Scarlet Hawks (7-6) outshot the Saber Cats (2-10), 23-4.
How It Happened
- The Scarlet Hawks were aggressive early scoring their three goals in the first 13 minutes of the match.
- Connor Shaw found the back of the net and got Illinois Tech on the scoreboard in the second minute.
- Illinois Tech did not waste any time as Luigi Michelin scored a goal in the fifth minute.
- Luke Holzman added to the lead as Quentin Dreilich passed to Diego Cazales and Cazales found Holzman for the back of the net in the 12th minute.
- Alex Kern picked up his second straight victory in goal, recording one save.
- Anastasios Manolis had a quiet second half as goalkeeper but he did not allow a goal.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Peter Fouchet recorded six total shots on the evening, with two being on goal.
- Matt Gombar, Connor Shaw, Christopher Reed all recorded three shots.
- Luigi Michelin recorded two shots both on goal, including a goal.
- Quentin Dreilich picked up two huge assists that lead to Scarlet Hawk goals.
- Illinois Tech returns to Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference action Wednesday, October 10 as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Fond Du Lac, Wis. to take on Marian (Wis.) to take on the Sabres, starting at 7:00 p.m. CT.