Posted: Oct 10, 2018
FOND DU LAC, Wis. – The Illinois Tech men's soccer team allowed two second half goals as the Scarlet Hawks dropped a road contest to Marian (Wis.), 2-0, at Smith Field Wednesday.
How It Happened
- The Sabres got on the scoreboard in the 71st minute as Marian (Wis.) found the back of the net off a free kick by Cade Klusendorf.
- A little over four minutes later, Juan Herrera kicked a corner that found Alexis Estela, who found the back of the net to give Marian (Wis.) the 2-0 lead.
- Marian (Wis.) goalkeeper Ian Chacon had a busy night in goal as he recorded 10 saves.
- The Sabres were outshot by the Scarlet Hawks, 19-12 but still came out with the victory.
- Marian (Wis.) had eight corner kicks compared to Illinois Tech's three.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Connor Shaw led the Scarlet Hawks on offense, who had five shots with three being on goal.
- Christopher Reed and Peter Fouchet each had four shots.
- Anastasios Manolis picked up seven saves in all 90 minutes including three in the first half and four in the second.
- Oluwaseun Ogunsanya had three shots.
- Illinois Tech returns home and to the pitch on Saturday, October 13 as the Scarlet Hawks host Concordia (Wis.) starting at 3:30 p.m.