MADISON, Wis. -- The Illinois Tech men's soccer team (9-8, 4-6 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference) almost rallied to come back late but Edgewood (9-6-2, 4-4-2 NACC) proved to be too much as the Eagles defeated the Scarlet Hawks, 4-2, at Breese Stevens Field, Sunday.
How It Happened
- Edgewood struck first as Victor Lombardino found the back of the net from 10 yards out in the ninth minute to give the Eagles an early 1-0 lead.
- Victor Lombardino was open again from the right post and scored his second goal of the match in the 17th minute to give Edgewood a 2-0 lead.
- Tyler Nelson gave the Eagles a cushion going into the halftime break as he collected the rebound off an Illinois Tech defender and scored a goal to make it 3-0.
- Manuel Lopez was able to cut it to 3-1 Edgewood after Conner Shaw found him running down the right side from 15 feet out.
- Oluwaseun Ogunsanya make it a one score match after Peter Fouchet passed it to him in the 87th minute for the goal.
- Mamadou Jawo secured the victory for the Eagles scored a goal running down the left side from 10 feet out in the 89th minute.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Oluwaseun Ogunsanya led Illinois Tech with three shots taken and a goal.
- Manuel Lopez recorded two shots and had a goal.
- Alex Kern picked up three saves in the first half.
- Anastasios Manolis played the second half and had two saves.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Wednesday, October 26 as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Dominican to take on the Stars starting at 3:00 p.m.