Posted: Sep 09, 2019
CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's soccer team played its second match in three days on Monday night when non-conference Greenville University rolled into today. Tech was downed 1-0.
How it Happened
- Tech had a few early looks at the net on headers, which were successfully bothered by the Panther defense.
- The Scarlet Hawks continued to control things offensively throughout the first half, outshooting Greenville 10-7 over those 45 minutes. However, Tech still had to stave off some furious Panther attacks, including one on a set piece in the 35th minute that resulted in a Kern save.
- Greenville was aggressive to start the second half, taking three of the first four shots after intermission.
- The Panthers struck with 14:04 left in the match. Ian MacLean made a cross that was deflected by Benn Jane into the foot of Christian Gomez for the goal.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Conner Shaw led the team with five shots and two shots on goal.
- Michael Kaczowka had four shots for Tech.
Stats to Know
- Shots were even at 19 apiece.
- Greenville had five corners compared to Tech's four.
- Fouls were also even at 18.
- Men's Soccer will play on Saturday at Ripon College at 3:30 p.m.