Posted: Sep 25, 2019
CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's soccer team hosted Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) power Dominican on Wednesday night. The Scarlet Hawks hung close, falling to the Stars 1-0.
How it Happened
- After a Tech chance was turned away on a Matthew Beasley shot, the Stars scored courtesy of Jonathan Hernandez to go up 1-0 in the 20th minute.
- The Scarlet Hawks managed to have a few scoring chances down the stretch, with Beasley attempting three first-half shots. However, the 1-0 lead for the Stars held at halftime.
- Dominican was able to generate some more chances in the second half, but Alex Kern made some nice saves in net.
- However, Tech's offense was stifled, being held to just two shots in the second half.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Beasley attempted three shots, all in the first half.
- Tech will host Edgewood College on Saturday, September 28 at 4:30 p.m. in another NACC match. Live audio, video, and stats will be available, with the live audio powered by Illinois Media School.