CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's soccer team continued Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) action on Saturday afternoon hosting the Milwaukee School of Engineering Raiders. The Hawks (3-8, 0-4 NACC) were held off by the Raiders (5-4-1, 3-1 NACC) by a 5-3 score.
How it Happened
- The Scarlet Hawks came out firing as Noah Kwortnik was able to find the back of the net just under 2 minutes into the game off an assist by Conner Shaw.
- The Raiders regrouped and went on a 5 goal run over a 35 minute span.
- Tech was able to stop the bleeding as Jonathon Clarke finished an individual effort with 16:30 remaining in the second half.
- With just under 10 minutes remaining, Colin Harris stepped up and was able to put bury a penalty kick to cut the deficit to 2 but that was as close as the Hawks would get
Scarlet Hawks Standouts
Stats to Know
- While shots were even this was a tale of 2 half as each team outshot the other 8-3 in one half.
- The Hawks were able to keep the pressure on the MSOE defense with 10 Corner kicks, 7 of which were in the second half
- The Hawks return to NACC action on Wednesday, October 9th at 7:00pm from Stuart Field.