Chicago, Ill. – A late goal and stingy defensive effort gave the Scarlet Hawks their first NACC win of the season. Illinois Tech (4-8-0, 1-4-0 NACC) edged Benedictine University (4-5-1, 4-1-0 NACC) in a tightly contested Wednesday night contest
How it Happened
- An early strike by Noah Kwortnik put the Scarlet Hawks on the board early as he headed home a long throw from Jonathan Clarke 18 minutes into the game.
- After a long scoreless drought by both teams, Benedictine found the equalizer with 14 minutes remaining.
- With just over 8 minutes remaining, Peter Fouchet was able to connect on a free kick from Zach Whritenour to give the Scarlet Hawks the lead.
- A late flurry by the Eagles was held off by Evan De Broux and company to preserve the 2-1 victory
Scarlet Hawks Standouts
- Kwortnick and Fouchet were the the beneficiaries of set plays as Whritenour and Clarke filled the role of facilitator
- Evan De Broux stood tall in goal making 7 saves including 2 in the last 7 minutes of play.
- The Hawks continue their NACC slate on the road at Wisconsin Lutheran College Saturday with a 1:00pm start time.