Milwaukee, Wis. – Illinois Tech men's soccer traveled north on Saturday for a NACC contest with Wisconsin Lutheran. After a pair of first half goals and tough defense on both sides, the Hawks (5-8-1, 1-4-1 NACC) and the Warriors (6-5-1, 2-3-1 NACC) battled to a double overtime tie.
How it Happened
- Zach Whritenour got the Hawks on the board early with a solo effort in the 13th minute of play.
- The Warriors drew even 20 minutes later as they cashed in a close range header.
- The Hawks held a slight advantage in shots in regulation (14-11) but were forced to fight off a flurry of shots in overtime as they were outshot 7-4 in the extra periods
Scarlet Hawks Standouts
- Whritenour led the way with the only goal of the afternoon along with 3 shots on goal.
- Alex Kern turned in a tremendous effort as he made 9 saves on the 10 shots faced, preserving the tie.
- The Hawks will head back to Wisconsin Monday night to take on Maranatha Baptist at 3:30pm