Mequon, Wis. - Tech men's soccer was in action in a cool Saturday afternoon NACC match up with Concordia Wisconsin. The Falcons (12-3-0, 6-2-0 NACC) took a commanding lead early and the Hawks (5-10-1, 1-6-1 NACC) were unable to erase the deficit in a 3-0 loss in Mequon.
How It Happened
- The Falcons came out hot with two goals in a 2 minute span just 11 and 13 minutes into the game.
- 26 minutes later, Concordia was able to connect on a shot from just inside the box to extend the lead to 3 before halftime.
- The Hawks came out of the halftime break and were able to keep things even matching the Falcons shot total in the second half 5-5.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- The Scarlet Hawk Goalkeepers were busy today, Evan De Broux came away with 7 saves and Alex Kern with 2.
- Shots were a group effort as each of the Illinois Tech 5 shots were from different people.
- The Hawks will return to Wisconsin for the 4th time in 5 games to wrap up a long road streak at Lakeland College in Plymouth, Wis. Wednesday afternoon. Kickoff is scheduled for 4:00pm.