Posted: Jan 21, 2017
CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's swimming and diving team continued its season with a strong showing against Carroll University. The Scarlet Hawks defeated the Pioneers in convincing fashion on Senior Day, 131-99.
- Tristan Busch and Grant Kitahata both turned in season-bests in the 1650 Yard Freestyle, finishing first and second (Busch 18:13.19, Kitahata 18:36.92).
- In the 200 Yard Freestyle, Miles Thompson took first with a time of 1:53.60.
- Jay Korhonen won the 400 Yard Individual Medley with a time of 4:12.98. He also finished second in the 200 Yard Backstroke and set a season best time (2:17.19).
- The Hawks relay team of Lakner, Julian Escasa, Brendan Howley and Matt Schindler finished first in the 200 Yard Medley (1:39.65).
- Karsen Diepholz finished first in the 200 Yard Freestyle with a time of 1:48.19. He followed that up with a first-place finish in the 500 Yard Freestyle with a time of 4:50.49.
- Luke Workman and Thompson followed suit in the 200 Yard Freestyle, finishing second and third (Workman 1:52.70, Thompson 1:53.60). Thompson and Zachary Bonson placed second and third in the 500 Yard Freestyle (Thompson 5:03.21, Bonson 5:07.30).
- Howley led the field in the 200 Yard Breaststroke with a time of 2:15.15.
- Illinois Tech will visit Lake Forest College next Saturday, January 28. The meet is set to start at 1:00 p.m.