Posted: Nov 04, 2017
DUBUQUE, Iowa. –The Illinois Tech men's swimming and diving team trekked west to Iowa on Saturday to oppose the Duhawks of Loras College. Behind more solid performances, the Scarlet Hawks earned a 140-79 win in the dual.
- Matthew Randle, Seth Wissenbach, Ryan Escasa, and Karsen Diepholz began the day for Tech with a 400 Yard Medley Relay win (3:42.75).
- In the 1650 Yard Freestyle, Zachary Bonson (18:10.86), RJ Schroeders (18:29.66), and Grant Kitahata (19:05.07) occupied the top three spots.
- Wissenbach followed up his 400 Yard Medley Relay performance with a first-place swim of 22.62s in the 50 Yard Freestyle.
- The Scarlet Hawks dominated in the 400 Yard Individual Medley, with Jay Korhonen (4:20.40), Peyton Goetschel (4:45.97), and Benjamin Cohen (4:48.89) placing first, second, and third.
- In the 200 Yard Butterfly, Ryan Escasa placed first with a time of 2:02.23.
- Another event the Scarlet Hawks placed all top three swimmers was the 200 Yard Backstroke. Randle (2:04.68), Korhonen (2:06.87), and John Wolniak (2:16.04) controlled the swim for Tech.
- The 500 Yard Freestyle saw Miles Thompson (5:10.02) and Peyton Goetschel (5:11.28) take home first and second place respectively.
- The 400 Yard Freestyle Relay team of Ryan Escasa, Randle, Korhonen, and Julian Escasa ended the day with a first-place time of 3:23.94.
- The Scarlet Hawks will square off against Illinois Wesleyan and Carthage on Saturday, November 11 at 1:00 p.m. at Illinois Wesleyan.