Nov 19, 2017
CHICAGO, Ill. - Illinois Tech's men's swimming and diving team ended a busy weekend on Sunday. The team wrapped up the three-day University of Chicago Phoenix Invite, finishing in fifth place with a total of 267 points.
- Jay Korhonen was incredible in the 400 Yard Individual Medley, placing second with a time of 4:10.34. It was an improvement over his first-place preliminary time of 4:11.05. Karsen Diepholz also earned points for Tech with a ninth place finish (4:17.68).
- Korhonen's 200 Yard Breaststroke swim of 2:12.55 was also impressive, placing him seventh.
- Tech also had two finals qualifiers in the 100 Yard Butterfly. Julian Escasa placed 11th with a time of 52.64s, while Tyler Van Wagener was right behind him in 12th at 52.89s.
- Matthew Randle qualified for the finals in the 100 Yard Backstroke, placing 15th at 54.56s.
- In the 50 Yard Freestyle, Julian Escasa finished in 15th place (22.36s).
- The 400 Yard Freestyle Relay team of Seth Wissenbach, Van Wagener, Diepholz, and Julian Escasa placed 10th with a time of 3:15.10.
- Tech hosts the Ted Erikson Invite on Saturday, December 2 at 1:00 p.m. in Keating Sports Center's Ecko Pool. Live video for the meet will be made available.