DECORAH, Iowa - The Illinois Tech men's swimming and diving team swam in day three of the Liberal Arts Championships on Friday at Luther College. Several swimmers stood out for the Scarlet Hawks in a strong day, as Tech holds third in the rankings with a score of 339 points.
- Franklin (552)
- Nebraska Wesleyan (400.5)
- Illinois Tech (339)
- Loras (255)
- Luther (226)
- Coe (205)
- Morningside (189.5)
- Simpson (141)
- Principia (56)
Day Three Highlights
- Jay Korhonen placed second in the 400 Yard Individual Medley to start off the day with a time of 4:08.47. Benjamin Cohen (10th, 4:29.29), RJ Schroeders (13th, 4:32.14), Peyton Goetschel (14th, 4:33.44), and Jason Voelker (16th, 4:56.99) all were finals qualifiers as well.
- Tech also had several finalists in the 100 Yard Butterfly, as Julian Escasa (seventh, 52.46s), Ryan Escasa (eighth, 53.05s), Tyler Van Wagener (10th, 52.46s), and Seth Wissenbach (11th, 53.30s).
- Karsen Diepholz followed up his strong Friday with a second-place finish in the 200 Yard Freestyle, placing second with a time of 1:43.34. Zachary Bonson (14th, 1:49.54).
- In the 100 Yard Breaststroke, Louis German earned points with a seventh-place finish (1:01.76).
- Matthew Randle continued his great freshman season with a sixth-place finish in the 100 Yard Backstroke (54.27s). John Wolniak was also a finalist (11th, 57.72s).
- Randle, Korhonen, Van Wagener, and Wissenbach ended the day with a fourth-place 200 Yard Medley Relay swim (1:37.11).
Day Four Preview
- Saturday's schedule will also begin at 10:00 a.m. with 6:00 p.m. finals.
- The day's events include the 200 Yard Backstroke, 100 Yard Freestyle, 200 Yard Breaststroke, 200 Yard Butterfly, 400 Yard Freestyle Relay, and the 1650 Yard Freestyle.
- Luther College will provide live video and live results for each of the day's events.