CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – The Illinois Tech men's swimming and diving team wrapped up the Liberal Arts Championships on Saturday at Coe College, placing second with 570 total points, capping another strong season for the program.
Final Team Scores
- Nebraska Wesleyan 655
- Illinois Tech 570
- Coe 520
- Morningside 505
- Luther 403
- Loras 325
- Principia 151
- Simpson 134
Day Four Highlights
- Miles Thompson was victorious in the 1650 Yard Freestyle with a time of 16:42.81. RJ Schroeders (17:28.84, fifth), Peyton Goetschel (17:42.34, sixth) and Grant Kitahata (18:21.42, tenth) all scored for the Scarlet Hawks
- Juilan Escasa and Tyler Van Wagener qualified for the finals in the 100 Yard Freestyle, placing fifth (48.01s) and eighth (48.55s) in the 100 Yard event.
- Both Samuel Kalenowski (second, 2:10.30) and Mitchell Lucky (11th) swam well in the 200 Yard Breaststroke.
- It was also a successful 200 Yard Butterfly swim for Tech, with Ryan Escasa (fourth, 1:58.85), Seth Wissenbach (sixth, 2:00.17), and Neel Kundu (16th, 2:39.37) all scoring points for the Hawks.
- Matthew Randle and John Wolniak scored for Tech in the 200 Yard Backstroke, placing fourth and eighth with times of 1:57.42 and 2:05.01.
- The 400 Yard Freestyle Relay team of Kalenowski, Ryan Escasa, McInerney, and Julian Escasa placed fourth with a time of 3:12.89.