Feb 15, 2019
CHICAGO, Ill. -- The Illinois Tech men's tennis team dropped a match to Olivet Nazarene, 7-2, at XS Tennis on Friday.
How It Happened
- ONU took the early advantage by winning two out of the three matches in doubles competition to go ahead 2-1.
- Olivet Nazarene had the upper hand in singles play, winning all five out of six matches in singles which allowed them to win the match.
- Illinois Tech picked up the victory at No. 6 singles in straight sets.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Yousef Abdo and Adam Laitinen picked up the victory at No. 2 doubles against ONU's Francisco Faria and Tyler Cannon, 8-6.
- Laitinen came back in singles competition at the No. 6 spot and came out victorious against ONU's Luke Fleming, 6-4, 6-2.
- Franklin Zhong fought hard at No. 2 singles against ONU's Alex Verda in a three-set thriller but was not able to come away with the victory, 7-6 (4), 6-7 (4), 1-0.
- Davis Housman was able to force a third set tiebreaker but ONU's Jonathan Heatschel won the match, 4-6, 6-4, 1-0.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Sunday, February 24 for a tri-match at Cathrage College as the Scarlet Hawks take on Lake Forest College starting at noon CT and Carthage College starting at 3:00 p.m. CT.