Dec 03, 2016
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's track and field team competed in the season opener on Friday. The team competed in Illinois Wesleyan University's First Chance Invite.
- Demis Thomas set a school record in the 300 Meter Dash, placing 10th in the event with a time of 38.07s.
- Saisaketh Valluri placed eighth in the long jump with a mark of 6.09m.
- Both Rayan Baig (34th, 7.61s) and Kwame Opoku (38th, 7.69s) placed in the Top 40 of the 60 Meter Dash. Baig also placed 22nd in the 200 Meter Dash with a time of 24.49s.
- In the 1 Mile Run, Cole Dammeier placed seventh with a time of 4:48.71.
- The Scarlet Hawks will compete in the University of Chicago Phoenix Invite on Saturday, January 14.