CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech men's track and field team competed at the Ted Haydon Invite at the University of Chicago on Saturday. The Scarlet Hawks competed in their second outdoor meet of the season, posting several promising times en route to placing 14th.
- Cole Dammeier was incredible in the 5000m run, placing second at 16:17.82.
- Demis Thomas (53.66s) and Rayan Baig (54.55) both clocked in good times, placing them 12th and 16th respectively in the 400m dash. David Polzin also competed in the event, placing 21st with a time of 55.42s.
- Baig also competed in 100m, placing 31st with a time of 11.95. Saisaketh Valluri (12.34) and Kwame Opoku (12.45) also competed in the event, placing 43rd and 44th.
- In the 800m dash, junior Isaac Gewarges placed 18th of 37 runners with a time of 2:12.20.
- In the long jump, Valluri jumped 5.92m, placing him 17th. Cole Fasnacht also competed, jumping 5.16m.
- David Foreman and Aniruddha Borha competed in the discus, shot put, hammer throw and javelin events. Foreman was particularly strong in the discus, where he placed 18th at 31.78m.
- The Scarlet Hawks will compete again on Saturday, April 8 in the Milikin University Big Blue Alumni Invite in Decatur, Illinois.