CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's track and field team competed in the first meet of the season at the Phoenix Invite hosted by the University of Chicago. The team finished fifth with 41 points and several top-10 placements and set one new school record
- Will Blodgett set the Illinois Tech school record for Pole Vault with a jump of 3.80 meters.
- Freshman Tom Doyle placed eighth in the Mile with a 4:51.79. He also finished in eighth place 800 Meter Run with a time of 2:08.11
- Brendan Batliner finished eighth in the 400 Meter Dash. The junior ran a 55.60 in the event
- Olu Ogunsanya ran a 24.76 in the 200 Meter Dash (16th place)
- In the 3000 Meter Run, junior Cole Dammeier placed
- Joseph Yassin was third in the Weight Throw, finishing with a new personal-best throw of 14.72 meters
- In the Long Jump, Saisaketh Valluri finished third (6.28 meter jump)
- Freshman Barry Brookins came in fourth in the Shot Put at 11.82 meters
- The Scarlet Hawks will travel to Bourbonnais, Ill. next week on January 20 and participate in the NAIA vs NCAA Challenge at Olivet Nazarene University.