Posted: Feb 17, 2018
CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois tech men's track and field team competed at the Tom Bradley Invitational at the University of Chicago on Saturday. The Scarlet Hawks placed fifth with a total of 43 points.
- Tech was strong in the 60 Meter Dash, as Demis Thomas (10th, 7.49s) and Oluwaseun Ogunsanya (11th, 7.50s) placed in the top half of the event.
- Ogunsanya (sixth, 23.89s) and Thomas (seventh, 23.94s) also placed in the top ten of the 200 Meter Dash.
- Tom Doyle was strong in the 800 Meter Run, placing fifth with a time of 2:03.17. Cole Dammeier was not far behind, finishing in ninth place (2:06.29).
- Dammeier was a force in the 1 Mile Run, clocking in with a 4:34.92 time and a third-place performance.
- In the 4x400 Meter Relay, the team of Doyle, Anthony Tuman, Ogunsanya, and Dammeier placed fourth with a time of 3:38.12.
- Ryan Fagan placed fourth in the high jump with a 1.74m mark.
- After winning the long jump at Ripon, Saisaketh Valluri placed fifth in this week's event with an impressive 6.10m mark.
- Joseph Yassin was strong in the Shot Put (third, 13.95m) and weight throw (third, 15.47m).
- The Scarlet Hawks will be back in action on Friday, March 2 at the Gill Athletics Final Qualifier at Carthage College. The meet is set to begin at 3:00 p.m.