Posted: Jan 26, 2019
BLOOMINGTON, Ill. - The Illinois Tech men's track and field team traveled to Illinois Wesleyan University to compete in the Titan Open and had a strong showing. Tech did not record a team score in the meet.
- Robert Mathis continued his strong start as a freshman, setting a new school record in the 60 Meter Dash, clocking a time of 7.32 seconds. Mathis also dazzled in the 200 Meter Run, finishing 17th in a competitive field, clocking a time of 23.93.
- Jacob Gagner also had a good showing in the sprints, running an impressive 7.54 seconds in the 60 Meter Dash.
- Anthony Tuman also had a strong meet, finishing seventh in the 800 Meter Run while running a season-best 2:01:61. Brendan Batliner also shined in the same event, running a time of 2:08:23.
- The Scarlet Hawks were also strong in the 3000 Meter Run, where Cole Dammeier ran an impressive 9:14:57, finishing ninth in the event.
- The Scarlet Hawks will be at Olivet Nazarene University on Saturday, February 2nd for the ONU Invite.