KENOSHA, Wis. – The Illinois Tech men's track and field team competed at the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) Indoor Championships on Saturday. With several great performances, Tech placed seventh with a total of 30 points.
- Benedictine 181
- Aurora 110
- Concordia-Wisconsin 85
- MSOE 82.5
- Wisconsin Lutheran 53
- Edgewood 38
- Illinois Tech 30
- Concordia-Chicago 26.5
- Rockford 17
- Evan Balizado was easily one of the meet's most impressive freshman, taking home second place in the 800m with a time of 2:02.69. He was less than one second behind the event's leader and was the top freshman in the entire race.
- Anthony Tuman was not far behind Balizado in the 800m, palcing sixth at 2:03.93. In the mile, Tuman also earned a sixth place finish at 4:30.05.
- Continuing his strong Illinois Tech career was senior Cole Dammeier, as the Arlington Heights native finished third in the 3000m at 9:14.02. Julian Go placed 10th in the same event with a time of 9:37.84.
- In the throws, Tech had a standout performer in Barry Brookins, as the sophomore placed third in the weight throw at 14.70m.
- Robert Mathis led the way for the Scarlet Hawks in the sprint events, placing ninth in the 55m (6.72s) and 12th in the 200m (23.73s). Saisaketh Valluri trailed Mathis in both (19th in the 200m at 24.36s, 17th in the 55m at 7.05s).
- Tech will compete at Carthage College on Friday, March 1 at 3:00 p.m. at the Carthage College Final Qualifier.