Posted: Apr 06, 2019
WHEATON, Ill. - The Illinois Tech men's track and field competed in its second outdoor meet of the season on Saturday after coming off a strong finish in the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Indoor Championships.
Last week, the team traveled to Rock Island, Illinois and competed in the Augustana College Vikings Olympics and while the team saw some good performances by Robert Mathis, Sai Valluri, Evan Balizado, Brendan Batliner, Barry Brookins, and Anthony Tuman; the team was hoping to improve on last week's outing.
- Brookins competed in several throw events, but he saved his best for the hammer throw where he set a school record. His 39.95m mark placed him 10th in the event as well.
- Balizado was impressive once again, finishing 7th in a very competitive field in the 800m clocking a time of 1:59:55.
- Tuman was also impressive in the 800m, running a time of 2:02:99.
- In the 100m, Valluri had a strong performance, clocking a time of 11.94s while Jacob Gagner clocked 12.31s in the same race.
- In addition to his strong performance in 100m, Valluri was impressive in long jump, finishing 8th with a leap of 6.25m.
- Cole Dammeier continued his impressive season, finishing ninth in the 5000m and clocking a time of 15:49:98.
- The Scarlet Hawks will travel to Lisle, Illinois for the Benedictine Relays on April 12 and 13.