LISLE, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's track and field team holds sixth place at the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) Outdoor Championships after the first day of the two-day meet at the Village of Lisle-Benedictine University Sports Complex. Friday's portion featured a victory, points scored, and qualifiers for Saturday's finals for Tech.
- MSOE: 55
- Aurora: 45
- Concordia-Wisconsin: 36
- Benedictine: 32
- Wisconsin Lutheran: 31
- Illinois Tech: 21
- Edgewood: 9
- Rockford: 5
- Tech's big win on the day came in the 10,000m, where Cole Dammeier continued to add to his storybook senior season. Dammeier won the event with a time of 32:26.71, capturing victory by over 15 seconds.
- Barry Brookins scored for the Scarlet Hawks in the discus, as the sophomore place third with a throw of 38.85m.
- In the triple jump, Saisaketh Valluri scored for Tech. The senior recorded a 13.50m mark, placing fourth.
- Qualifying for tomorrow's finals in the 800m was Evan Balizado, who placed second in the preliminaries with a 2:02.09 time. Brendan Batliner also placed 15th in the prelims at 2:06.67.
- Nicholas Du led the way for Tech in the javelin throw, placing 21st with a mark of 25.80m.
- In the 400m, Edwin Valeicillo Rivera placed 16th with a time of 54.91s.
- Valluri (15th, 11.69s), Jacob Gagner (20th, 11.77s), Dillon Rattray-Mattis (24th, 11.99s), Kwame Opoku (26th, 12.28s), and Austin Worley (28th, 12.58s) all competed in the 100m.
- In addition, Gagner competed in the 400m hurdles, clocking in at 1:01.58 (10th place).
- Vallecillo (24.39s, 25th place), Rattray-Mattis (24.56s, 28th place), and Worley (25.58s, 30th place) also raced in the 200m.
- Day two of the NACC Championships will begin tomorrow (Saturday) at 10:15 a.m. in Lisle.