CHICAGO, Ill. -- The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team put up a fight as all four sets were decided by less than three points as the Scarlet Hawks were defeated by Aurora, 3-1, Tuesday.
The Spartans (4-6, 3-1 NACC) defeated the Scarlet Hawks (1-8, 1-4 NACC) in four sets after dropping the first set (23-25, 25-22, 25-23, 26-24) at the Keating Sports Center.
How It Happened
- Illinois Tech took the first set 25-23 after hitting a .600 in the opening set.
- Aurora responded and tied the match at 1 after taking the second set, 25-22.
- The Spartans took the lead 2-1 after winning the third set 25-22.
- Aurora, who was one set away from taking the match, went back and forth with the Scarlet Hawks in the fourth set but the Spartans were able to come out on top.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Illinois Tech had three players led the attack with double figures in kills.
- Andriy Bench led all three with 15 kills and a .353 attack percentage.
- Easton Kays and Lukasz Kupiec each had 12 kills.
- Michael Ganczar found the attacker all night as he recorded had 41 assists
- Evan Robeck protected the net during the night, picking up six blocks.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Friday, March 1 as the Scarlet Hawks host Concordia-Wisconsin starting at 7:00 p.m. CT.
- Live audio, video, and stats will be available for all home contests in the Keating Sports Center, with the live audio provided by Illinois Media School. If provided by the host school, live links to all road games this week will be posted on each team's schedule page.