CHICAGO, Ill. — The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team dropped their match in three sets to Loras College at the Keating Sports Center on Friday night.
The Duhawks (12-4) defeated the Scarlet Hawks (2-12), 3-0. Loras won the sets 25-18, 25-21, 25-18.
How it Happened
- The Scarlet Hawks started off the first set with a 3-0 lead before the Duhawks began to settle in. Loras rattled off six of the next eight points to go on a run that ultimatley led to a set one victory for the visitors.
- In set two, Loras built off the momentum of the set one victory to jump ahead 10-4. Tech would work back into a match late with a 5-0 run, but Loras was able to stave off the Hawks.
- Set three also saw the Duhawks take a commanding early lead. While Tech pulled to within four at 19-15 later on, the Scarlet Hawks would not reel Loras in any closer.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Andriy Bench led Illinois Tech on the attack with eight kills.
- Easton Kays recorded six kills and three blocks in the setback.
- Derek Bostick had six digs for the Scarlet Hawks.
- Illinois Tech has a quick turnaround as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Marian (Wis.) to take on the Sabres starting at 1:00 p.m. CT in a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference contest.