WATERTON, Wis. -- The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team bounced back and picked up a victory on the road against Maranatha Baptist Tuesday.
The Scarlet Hawks (3-13) swept the Sabers (1-23) in three sets (25-12, 25-15, 25-10) inside MBU Gymnasium.
How It Happened
- Illinois Tech hit an outstanding .402 for the match including 49 kills which helped them for the victory.
- The Scarlet Hawks jumped out to a 3-0 lead early in the first set then went up 19-9 then eventually take the set.
- Maranatha Baptist tried to tie the match in the second set after both teams were tied 3-3, Illinois Tech made a 6-1 run to go ahead 9-4. The Sabercats tried to rally after making a 7-4 run but the Scarlet Hawks closed it out.
- Down to their last chance in the third set, Maranatha tried to stay alive but Illinois Tech had other plans going on a 6-0 run to start the third set. However, Maranatha went on a 5-2 run to make it 8-5 Scarlet Hawks.
- Illinois Tech tried to pull away for a little while but the Sabercats would not go away as the Scarlet Hawks led 17-15 late before Tech put the match away in the third set.
Scarlet Hawk Leaders
- Mihailo Djuric led the Scarlet Hawks on the attack, picking up 14 kills.
- Easton Kays recorded 12 kills for Illinois Tech and Andriy Bench had 11 kills.
- Djuric also recorded 10 digs that helped setting all night.
- Michael Ganczar help set up the attack all night, recording 35 assists.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Friday, March 15 as the Scarlet Hawks travel to North Park University to take on the Vikings starting at 7:00 p.m. CT.