CHICAGO, Ill. -- The Illinois Tech men's volleyball team picked up a victory on the road against North Park in four sets.
The Scarlet Hawks (4-13) defeated the Vikings (4-15) in four sets (25-19, 25-16, 16-25, 25-18) at Helwig Recreation Center in Chicago, Illinois.
How It Happened
- Illinois Tech had a .281 attack percentage in the first set which helped them take the first set.
- Both teams were tied at 11 in the opening set then went back-and-forth to make it 19-19 before Illinois Tech made a 6-0 run to close out the set.
- The Scarlet Hawks started out leading 8-7 in the second set before pulling away to make a 17-9 run to go ahead 2-0 in the match.
- North Park with their backs against the wall needing to win third set to keep the match alive as the Vikings were in total control the whole third set.
- The Vikings tried to keep the match alive forcing a fifth set and had an 11-8 lead however Illinois Tech went on a 12-4 run to go ahead 20-15 then eventually the Scarlet Hawks took the set and the match after hitting a .387 for the set.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Easton Kays led the Scarlet Hawks on the attack with 16 kills and a .290 attack percentage.
- Andriy Bench had 12 kills for Illinois Tech while having a team-high .417 attack percentage.
- Derek Bostick was able to help the setter for the match, recording 14 digs.
- Michael Ganczar set up some big attacks for the Scarlet Hawks as he picked up 47 assists.
- Illinois Tech has a quick turnaround as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Concordia Chicago Saturday, March 16 to take on the Cougars starting at 1:00 p.m. CT.