ELMHURST, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's cross-country team finished in third place out of nine teams at the Elmhurst College Earlybird Invitational on Friday at Eldridge Park. The Scarlet Hawks finished with 116 team points.
Illinois Tech Highlights
- Anthony Tuman led the pack to start his sophomore season as he finished in 16th place with a time of 20:56.2.
- Senior Cole Dammeier placed right behind Tuman with a time of 21:11.6.
- Freshman Julian Go finished in 19th place in his first career race and ran a 21:24.6.
- Evan Balizado ran a 22:22.8 which helped him finish in 27th place in his first race as a Scarlet Hawk.
- Andrew Hogan rounded out the scoring in his first collegiate race for Illinois Tech as he finished in 37th place with a time of 23:08.8.
- Illinois Tech returns to the course on Friday, Sept. 7 as the Scarlet Hawks travel for the Aurora Spartan Classic located at Oakhurst Forest Preserve in Aurora, Ill. Race time is scheduled for 5:45 p.m.