AURORA, Ill. – On a comfortable day for a run, the Illinois Tech men's cross country team put forth another impressive showing at the Aurora University Spartan Classic on Friday. Despite a wet course at Oakhurst Forest Preserve due to the recent rains, the Scarlet Hawks placed ninth in the 8k with a total of 233 points.
- Cole Dammeier's consistency has been the hallmark of his career. Friday was no different, as he paced the Hawks with a time of 27:11.5 and 29th place finish.
- After leading the way for Tech last week, Anthony Tuman followed it up with another strong run. He finished in 32nd place and just four seconds after Dammeier at 27:15.7.
- Also not far behind the two leaders was Julian Go. The true freshman finished his first 8k collegiate race in 37th place with a time of 27:26.7.
- Evan Balizado finished in 55th place, clocking in at 28:04.0.
- Andrew Hogan rounded out the scoring with an 80th place finish (31:41.0). He was followed closely by Alden Diaz (81st, 31:49.2) and Mohammed Saleem (82nd, 32:02.4).
- Tech will head north to Wisconsin to compete in UW-Whitewater's Tom Hoffman Invite on Saturday, September 15. Race time on the school's Campus Course is set for 11:45 a.m.