Posted: Nov 19, 2018
CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech Scarlet Hawks hosted the Lake Forest College Foresters on Saturday for a non-conference women's basketball contest. Tech fell to 0-3 on the season with an 87-36 defeat.
How it Happened
- Lake Forest's Kelsey Burton made her presence felt early as an outside threat, hitting her first four three-point attempts in the first half. Raiven Johnson (four points) and Alyssa Hauert (two points, six rebounds) put up good first-quarter efforts to keep the game close after one at 20-11.
- In the second quarter, Lake Forest was able to extend its lead thanks to post player Hannah Hiland. Playing all 10 minutes, she recored nine points, four rebounds, two assists, a steal, and a block in the quarter as LFC took a 39-15 lead into the break.
- The second half was all Lake Forest thanks to an impressive showing from the Forester bench. Out of 48 points, LFC's reserves tallied 40 of them, with Adia Maund recording 11 to lead the team in the last 20 minutes.
- For Tech, Brook Rowan showed some great promise, scoring 12 second-half points.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Rowan finished the night with 12 points, three rebounds, and three steals.
- Hauert had four points and nine rebounds in just 19 minutes.
- Women's Basketball will take on Benedictine University on the road on Saturday for the first Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference contest of the season. The game is set to begin at 2:00 p.m.