Posted: Dec 01, 2018
CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's basketball team hosted the Inferno of Alverno College on Saturday for a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference contest. After a fast start, the Scarlet Hawks (0-6, 0-2 NACC) cooled as the Inferno (2-1, 1-1 NACC) blazed ahead for the 68-40 victory.
How it Happened
- The Scarlet Hawks were able to hang right with the visitors in the first quarter. With a balanced offense, Tech took a 12-11 lead into the second.
- Things would change in the middle two quarters. Alverno's Mackenzie Mathies, who came into the game averaging 21 points, stayed right at that number with a 21-point outing fueled largely by her three-point shooting. The Inverno also rode a distinct rebounding advantage to build a lead that reached as high as 33.
- Brooke Rowan was able to make some impressive plays late in the game to pull Tech a tad closer in the final minutes.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Shannon O'Donnell had a team-leading 15 points for the Scarlet Hawks. She also tallied four rebounds, four assists, and two steals.
- Rowan had 10 points to go along with rebounds and three steals.
- Erin Efimoff had 10 points and five rebounds.
Stats to Know
- Alverno outrebounded Tech 48-35 and pulled down eight on the offensive glass.
- The Scarlet Hawks won the turnover battle 15-14.
- Tech hosts Aurora University on Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.