MILWAUKEE, Wis. – The Illinois Tech women's basketball team trekked north on Saturday to take on the Milwaukee School of Engineering for a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference contest. Tech (0-8, 0-4 NACC) was defeated by the unbeaten Raiders (6-0, 4-0 NACC) 57-28.
How it Happened
- While MSOE jumped out to a 6-0 run, the Scarlet Hawks were able to close the gap by the end of the first quarter. Raiven Johnson, Brooke Rowan, Shannon O'Donnell, and Margaret Meggers all scored to make the score 13-8.
- In the second, the Raiders built an 11-point lead before four straight free throws from O'Donnell to end the quarter brought the score to 25-18 at halftime.
- The deciding factor in the contest was the third quarter, as Tech was held without a made basket. However, the Scarlet Hawks would respond with 10 points in the fourth.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- O'Donnell led the Scarlet Hawks with 12 points. She was a perfect 8-of-8 from the foul line and also had four rebounds.
Stats to Know
- Tech battled hard on the boards, as MSOE outrebounded the Scarlet Hawks 31-30.
- The Scarlet Hawks were able to stay out of foul trouble, committing just seven for the contest and holding the Raiders without a free throw attempt.
- Illinois Tech will take on Lakeland University at home on Saturday at 2:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.