CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's basketball team opposed perennial Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) powerhouse Wisconsin Lutheran College on Thursday night in the Keating Sports Center. Tech (0-13, 0-9 NACC) was downed by the Warriors (13-1, 9-1 NACC) 85-35.
How it Happened
- The Scarlet Hawks hung close with the Warriors early on thanks to the play of Shannon O'Donnell and Meredith Williams. The duo combined to score the first eight points for the team as Tech stayed within striking distance through much of the first quarter.
- Wisconsin Lutheran was able to go up double-digits just before the end of the first quarter and continued to add to the lead thanks to ball control, committing just two turnovers in the first half. The lead increased to 31 (47-16) at halftime.
- Behind the play of Kelly Tramburg, the Warriors scored 20+ points for a third straight quarter in the third. Tramburg notched 20 points in just 17 minutes throughout the night, hitting five three-pointers in the process.
- In the fourth, the Scarlet Hawks tightened up defensively and received more solid play from Williams and O'Donnell, with each player hitting double-figures in scoring.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Williams tallied 10 points and five rebounds.
- O'Donnell notched 10 points, five rebounds, and two assists.
- Erin Nelson totaled seven points and three boards.
- The Scarlet Hawks will travel to Concordia University Chicago at 2:00 p.m. for another NACC matchup.