Posted: Feb 09, 2019
AURORA, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's basketball team dropped a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference game against host Aurora, 87-42, at Lancaster Court on Saturday.
How It Happened
- Illinois Tech led the game 12-11 after the first quarter.
- The Scarlet Hawks led 25-24 with 2:07 left in the half but the Spartans made a 5-2 run to close out the half.
- Aurora came out of the third quarter shooting lights out, hitting on 68% of their shots (13-19) from the field.
- The Spartans then outscored the Scarlet Hawks 23-13 in the final quarter to take the 87-42 victory.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Shannon O'Donnell led the Scarlet Hawks with a double-double, scoring 15 points, grabbing 11 rebounds and three steals.
- Erin Efimoff led Illinois Tech in scoring, adding 23 points on 10-17 shooting.
- Erin Nelson recorded eight rebounds.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Wednesday, February 13 as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Sheboygan, Wis. to take on Lakeland starting at 7:00 p.m. CT.