Posted: Mar 13, 2019
MONMOUTH, Ill. - The Illinois Tech Women's Lacrosse team defeated Monmouth (Ill.) for their first victory of the season, 18-4, at April Zorn Memorial Stadium.
How It Happened
- Illinois Tech had a hot start as the Scarlet Hawks led 9-1 going into half time.
- The Scarlet Hawks played stellar defense all match allowing only four goals all day and picking up eight saves.
- Tech scored the same amount of goals in the second half as they did the first with nine more to win 18-4.
- Alyssa DeLuca also had a big night scoring, picking up six goals which was second on the team.
Scarlet Hawk Leaders
- Shanie Scoles led Illinois Tech with seven goals scored in the match.
- Brooke Rowan picked up four assists that led to goals.
- Jennifer Young led the Scarlet Hawks with seven ground balls.
- Jessica Cochis was stellar protecting the night, picking up the victory, recording six saves.
- Elizabeth Zia closed out the match recording three saves.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Friday, March 15 as the Scarlet Hawks host a Midwest Women's Lacrosse Conference match against Concordia Wisconsin.
- Live audio, video, and stats will be available for all home contests in the Stuart Field with the live audio provided by Illinois Media School.