WAVERLY, Iowa – The Illinois Tech women's lacrosse team picked up a huge road victory as the Scarlet Hawks defeated Wartburg College Monday.
The Scarlet Hawks (6-2, 6-1 MWLC) defeated the Knights (4-5, 3-3 MWLC), 18-6, at Lacrosse Field, Monday.
How It Happened
- Jumping out the match with the first three points of the match helped Illinois Tech in the first half.
- Illinois Tech then went ahead 8-2 in the first half and closed out the half scoring 3 out of 4 to go ahead 11-3 at the break.
- Keeping up the offensive attack, The Scarlet Hawks scored seven goals, including the last three in the second half.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- There was a lot of goals scored for the Scarlet Hawks and Shanie Scoles led Illinois Tech with nine of them.
- On the defensive side of the ball, Elizabeth Zia only allowed three goals in the first half.
- Also being efficent on offense was, Madison Meredith, who recorded four goals and helped on two other.
- For the second half, Jessica Cochis protected the net, only allowing three goals.
- Scoles had nine goals on the night but also helped on two other ones.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Saturday, April 6 as the Scarlet Hawks host Hamline starting at 1:00 p.m.
- The MWLC match will have live audio, video, and stats, with the live audio powered by Illinois Media School.