Sep 12, 2018
WAUKESHA, Wis. – The Illinois Tech women's soccer team defeated Carroll College, 3-2, in maybe their biggest test of the season on Wednesday. The Scarlet Hawks outshot the Pioneers 10-6.
How It Happened
- Carroll got on the scoreboard early as Kimmy Wiley scored in the second minute to give the Pioneers the 1-0 advantage.
- Katie Hoefgen tied the match up right before the end of the first half, scoring her sixth goal of the season in the 43th minute off the assist by the corner kick of Kimi Casupang.
- The Scarlet Hawks took the lead in the 55th minute as Casupang was able to score this time for her first goal of the season.
- Julia Taliana scored a goal in her second consecutive match in the 74th minute as that was the difference in the match as Illinois Tech went ahead 3-1.
- Carroll cut the lead to one with a goal by Madison Belo in the 85th minute but it would stand at 3-2.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Despite allowing two goals, freshman goalkeeper, reigning NACC defensive player of the week, Catherine Klemp scored three saves to improve her record to 4-0-1.
- Hoefgen recorded three shots today, all three were on goal and she scored a goal.
- Erin James recorded two shots both on goal.
- Kimi Casupang scored her first goal of the season while also assisting in another one.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Saturday, Sept. 15 as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Beloit College to take on the Buccaneers at Strong Complex Soccer Field with match time scheduled for 2:00 p.m. (CT)