Posted: Sep 29, 2018
CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's soccer team picked up a huge Northern Athletic Collegiate Conference victory against Wisconsin Lutheran, 4-0, Saturday.
How It Happened
- The Illinois Tech defenders played well all match, allowing only two shots on goal which came in the second half and six total shots.
- Goalkeepers Catherine Klemp and Caitlin Kenoian posted a combined shutout in goal for the Scarlet Hawks.
- Julia Taliana got Illinois Tech on the scoreboard, scoring a goal off a penalty kick in the 14th minute.
- Jamie Griggs added to the Scarlet Hawk lead as Anna Delseith found her at the top of the box in the 21st minute.
- Anna Delseith was able to find the back of the net with a goal of her own, heading it in at the 53rd minute.
- Illinois Tech leading scorer Katie Hoefgen scored her 11th goal of the season in the 80th minute.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Katie Hoefgen led the Scarlet Hawks with four shots with three being on goal in the match.
- Julia Taliana recorded three shots, which two of them were on goal.
- Anna Delseith and Jamie Griggs each had two shots as well.
- Illinois Tech's defenders, Katherine Nishimoto, Julia Honda, Madison Harris, Kimi Casupang all stepped up and played well in the entire 90 minutes, not allowing a goal and gave up two shots on goal and six total shots.
- Caitlin Kenoian picked up two huge saves towards the end of the match as the Warriors had two shots on goal.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Monday, October 1 as the Scarlet Hawks head north to take on North Park University at the Holmgren Athletic Complex, match time scheduled to take place at 7:00 p.m.