CHICAGO, Ill. -- The Illinois Tech women's soccer team picked up a huge Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference victory against Concordia (Wis.) to move into sole possession of second place Saturday on Senior Night.
The Scarlet Hawks defeated the Falcons, 4-3, at Stuart Field Saturday.
How It Happened
- Alexandra Tomich started the scoring for both teams but got Concordia on the board with her goal in the 13rd minute.
- Not far into the second half, Julia Taliana scored her seventh goal of the season off a free kick in the 46th minute to tie the match at 1-all.
- Jamie Griggs gave the Scarlet Hawks the 2-1 lead with her 11th goal of the season in the 55th minute.
- Concordia responded quickly however, two minutes later, Allison McElwee found the back of the net for her fourth goal of the season to tie the match again at 2-2.
- Alexandra Tomich found the back of the net again, recording her second goal of the match, 11th of the season in the 63rd minute.
- In the 75th minute, Anna Delsleith found Julia Taliana for her eighth goal of the season.
- Both teams were scoreless in the first overtime period.
- Jamie Griggs scored the game-winning goal in the 104th minute for her 12th goal of the season.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Julia Taliana led the Scarlet Hawks with five shot attempts, two goals scored.
- Jamie Griggs had four shots and also scored two goals.
- Katie Hoefgen recorded three shots.
- Goalkeeper Catherine Klemp picked up four saves in all 104 minutes of the match.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Wednesday, October 17 as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Plymouth, Wis. to take on Lakeland College starting at 7:00 p.m. CT.