Sep 07, 2019
CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's soccer team played host to Lake Forest on Saturday for a non-conference matchup. After a slower first half for both teams, Tech (3-1) defeated the Foresters 3-1.
How it Happened
- In the ninth minute, the Scarlet Hawks were on the board first. Erin James tallied a goal off an Elena Esparcia Cañada assist. The score held all the way through halftime.
- The Foresters tied things up in the 48th minute thanks to a Raven Dziedzinski tally.
- Late in the match, however, it was Tech's time to shine. Emily Dashiell scored to put the Hawks up 2-1 thanks to an Erin James assist in the 74th minute.
- With 1:05 left to go in the match, the Scarlet Hawks sealed the deal with Nicole Fajardo scoring off a Dashiell pass.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Both Dashiell and James had one goal and one assist each. Dashiell led the team with four shots and two on net.
- Fajardo scored on her only shot attempt.
- Esparcia Cañada attempted three shots and tallied an assist.
- Catherine Klemp played the second half in net and recorded her first win.
- Tech will host Pomona-Pitzer on Sunday at 1:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.