RIVER FOREST, Ill. – The opening of the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) schedule was an important one for the Scarlet Hawks, as the Illinois Tech women's soccer team (3-5, 0-1 NACC) traveled to Dominican University (7-1, 2-0 NACC) for a rematch of last season's NACC Tournament Championship. The host Starts bested the Scarlet Hawks in a low-scoring affair.
How it Happened
- In the first half, the Scarlet Hawks were able to hold off some Dominican scoring chances.
- Starting in net, Catherine Klemp made two key saves in the first 45 minutes. She stooped a bottom center shot in the 21st minute from Regan Coxon before another Coxon shot was saved by Klemp in the bottom right 10 minutes later.
- In the second half, Dominican was able to find the back of the next. Danielle Mason scored off of a Daniela Tovar-Miranda pass to put the Stars ahead 1-0.
- Late in the match, the Scarlet Hawks had a few great chances on net. In the 88th and 89th minutes, both Nicole Fajardo and Jamie Griggs had shots saved by Abbey Brown to keep DU in the lead.
- Tech's home conference opener will take place on Saturday, September 28 at 6:00 p.m. against Edgewood College. Live audio, video, and stats will be available, with the live audio powered by Illinois Media School.